Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So It Begins

Holy hell, I'm blogging....I certainly never thought I'd see the day, but as was the case with cell phones and high speed internet, it seems that the needs of others is going to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). This time the "others" are Scorch--the University of Arizona women's ultimate team--and their need is that of recognition. Of course, the ladies themselves would never say that they play ultimate for the notoriety--it's just not gonna happen; I'm guessing they'd claim a love of the game and a love of their teammates as the reasons they show up night after night, working hard to become better players and to make those around them better as well. So maybe they don't need recognition, but there's no doubt that they deserve it. With all the success of Sunburn last year, people tend to forget that Scorch was the first of the two teams to go to Natties, people tend to overlook all the hard work these ladies have put in and continue to put in to build a solid women's program here in Tucson, and sometimes people just plain forget that these ladies are awesome.

So if you enjoy ultimate, if you have any connection to Tucson or the U of A, or you just like hearing stories about how hard work pays off in the end, keep on reading; I'll do my best to keep it informative and entertaining. And if you do read this blog and happen to pass by a Scorch lady in your daily travels, take the time to ask her how her season is going, give her a high five, ask her for an autograph, or tell her about your plans to cheer on the team at their next competition.

JG

Coming soon: Socal Warm-up Recap

No comments: